Features and presentation :
- Made with pure clay extracted from underground, hand made and then wood fired at 1050°.
- We proudly received the Enea certification as best cotto for the very low radioactivity, even lower than the minimum standards set by the EC, and has the certification: Ultra Low Radioactivity.
- The clay is filtered and compressed by hand, free from inert elements, its appearance is very similar to the skin.
- The colour of the sand, which tends to be neutral, can be trasformed into different shades (during processing).
- It's a completely homemade flooring and its beauty grows day by day.
- Bright, easy to clean, it does not stain and it can be used in the whole house, also outside, ideal for underfloor heating.
We produce different sizes, thickness down to only 1 cm.
GOING BACK TO THE NATURE
How to compare different production techniques.
"Hand made" is not always synonymous with excellence: it only explains one stage in the processing of the shape and the surface.
We would like to make it clear that every clay and every mixture is different, as is its processing.
There are some very rare clays which are filtered with a sieve (see also "terre dorate") and therefore free from inert elements.
During the manufacturing process, some types of cotto (most of them) are NOT compressed nor filtered.
"Terre Dorate" are compressed by hand and one by one, therefore without porosity (see picture below)
This facilitates the maintanance and makes the product similar to real skin. There is no need to apply any protective coating which could vary the natural appearance of the flooring.
VIEWING ON A SCREEN IS INSUFFICIENT: NATURAL MATERIALS MUST BE SEEN WITH YOUR OWN EYES!